Volunteer Service Overseas
KB Foundation in this social welfare program organizes a perfect and professional endeavor for providing services voluntarily through efficient use of funds on those areas like education, health, woman rights, ecological conservation and leadership prospective of the people living in the rural areas. We have been legally registered and permitted by the Govt. of India to accept voluntary Services from interested people all over the world in any fields mentioned above for a specific period of time.
As a volunteer in India you can take part in one of our education projects, which can be in primary schools in rural villages in the Himalayan foothills or in inner city areas, teaching slum children. These volunteer teaching placements offer wildly different experiences. Volunteers wanting to teach in India could be enjoying the peace and quiet of rural life based in a little village in the Jaigaon and Kalimpong region, or they could be working in a busy city, experiencing the pressures of a fast growing developing economy.
As well as teaching English in India, KB foundation volunteers can take part in more specialist volunteer opportunities, such as our business development projects. Here career break volunteers can work with local NGOs to address community issues relating to women's empowerment, helping street children to develop life skills, or helping disabled children, projects on environment and health etc. Volunteering in India on these community development projects is a challenging but fulfilling career break experience, and a range of skills are needed in order to help our partners most effectively.
Terms and conditions
- Volunteer opting for a teacher can choose from any faculty subjects as English conversation, Ecology, sports.
- Volunteers opting for working on other social issues such as Health, research, women rights, ecology can initiate a project to work with our team.
- Interested volunteers should have to send their CV, bio-data including their interest, hobbies and the type of food habits they would prefer while staying here in India.
- Volunteers will only work for two to three hours daily and the rest of the time they are free to plan any sort of personal planning as per the interest of the volunteer.
- Sunday and Govt. holidays are complete holidays for every one here in India. (Saturdays are half days)
- We also have a team who arrange for short trekking trips, sightseeing, rafting, hiking, camping etc. promoting tourism development in the exotic places of Northeast Foothills for the volunteers during their stay with us.
- We would be providing good accommodation with food in a clean environment with a very good bathroom and toilet facilities according to the requirements for a comfortable stay.
Duration of stay
- Volunteers have to work in the school for at least a month and stay as long as they wish as per our organizations planned stays of 1, 3, 4, 6 months each year.
- Volunteers wishing to stay more than three months are also welcome and can be arranged by the NGO as per the request from the volunteer.
- We would suggest volunteers opting for teachers should plan their stay for three months because the yearly academic session is divided into three terms.
- First term - May, June, July and August.
- Second term - September, October, November and December.
- Third term - January, February, March and April.
- The school, have summer holidays in the mid of June for about 15 days.
- One month long Diwali Festival holiday in October (changeable).
- Winter vacation for about 10 days in January.
The Volunteers have to pay a certain amount of program fee for a period of 90 days.
The program fee includes:
- Administrative Charge.
- Accommodation and meals during training and placement.
- Spoken Native language training assistance.
- Scholarship to students.
- Saving for upcoming project of School Building Enhancement programme.
Apart from the fee the other costs which are to be met by the volunteers are:
- Flight Cost
- Indian Visa costs
- Travel Insurance
- Weekly budget for other private expenses
Volunteer with us
Volunteer with us in our endevours on Environment, Education & Health
A Hunt for Green Souls
Its an facebook initiative of gaining 10Million Likes and more on a page through green souls. We want lots of nature lovers, environmentalists and green thinkers in our organisation working and sharing ideas like a team globally. Everyone is welcome to join us in facebook.
Please visit our facebook page on the below link.